Monday, December 21, 2009

February Lady Sweater

September 3: I’ve been wanting to knit this pattern for a really long time, so it’s exciting to finally be starting it!

September 5: I’ve knit down enough to be able to separate the armholes and a little beyond that. I’m also almost finished with my first skein of the yarn.

September 8: I’m working on the pattern on the body and definitely into the second skein of yarn by now. So far it looks good. I’ve timed myself to one pattern repeat (4 rows) per Buffy episode. I haven’t calculated how many more pattern repeats I have for the body, but I would guess by the end of Season 6 (which is what I’m on now), I should have it pretty close to finished.






September 17: Okay, so it’s the end of Season 7 of Buffy (so a little longer than I thought), but that timing was perfect because I’ve finished the body of the cardigan. Just the sleeves to go!

September 19: Working on sleeve #1.

September 27: Finished first sleeve.

October 15: And finished! Well, almost. Finished with the knitting at least. I still need to block it and then buy and put on the buttons. But I’m really happy with how it’s turned out!

October 17: I found some great buttons and sewed them on today. I’m really really pleased with how this turned out!







Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
Yarn: Madeleine Tosh Worsted in Seaglass B

No comments: