Monday, December 21, 2009

My First Design Hat

October 10-11: I had some more of the blue yarn left after making an Owl Hat but I wasn’t sure that it was enough to make another whole hat, so I decided to use it with the grey wool and do something with colorwork. I had just picked up a book of colorwork stitches (Colorwork Stitches: Over 250 Designs to Knit edited by Susia Johns), so I decided to make my own hat creation using one of the stitch patterns from this book. The one I picked looks like a snowflake. I’m pretty happy with how it has turned out although I think I may have waited just a little too long to start the pattern; it might have looked better to be closer to the edge.
I do plan to write this up as a pattern, so look for that at some point in the future.


Pattern: Mine!
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Blue Velvet (#813) and Cascade 220 Wool in Grey (#8509)

Hat has been sold in my etsy shop: karendawn.etsy.com

No comments: