Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dipped Infinity Scarf

April 9: I’ve been wanting to start this project for a while now so I finally gave in and began it. The stitch pattern is super easy and so I think it’ll be quite fun and simple to knit and look wonderful when it’s finished.



April 10: Got to the first color change today. Exciting! Later: Got to the second color change.

April 12: Worked on during knit night and just at the end of the evening, I dipped into Night Heron (fifth color, third color change).

April 15: Added in Pussywillow. Just one color more after that!

April 23: All finished! Just need to block (the ends want to curl in) and take pictures.

May 10: I’ve had one heck of a time getting this to dry after blocking. It sat on the blocking board for 3 days. Then I took it off and used a hair dryer on it. Still wet, I hung it on the towel rack. And this morning I finally ran it through the low heat cycle on my dryer. It’s still got a slight dampness to it but a lot better than it was. If it’s not completely dry by tomorrow morning, I may run it through the dryer again (although that caused the edges to want to start to curl in again).

May 12: Now dry.






Pattern: Dipped Infinity Scarf by Laura Chau (for sale on Ravelry)
Yarn: JulieSpins M370 in Black Beauty, Root Beer, Garnet, Bluebell Woods, Night Heron, Blue Slate, Pussywillow, and Christmas Cactus

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm just casting on for my Dipped Infinity today and a Google search pulled yours up. It's beautiful! www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com