Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Toe Up Practice Socks 2

February 16: Taking another knitting class, learning a different technique for toe up socks, using Judy’s Magic Cast-on. And I can say that it’s definitely magic!

February 22: Finished my homework and all ready for class tomorrow night.

February 23: Tonight’s class covered the heel which went quite well. Gotta finish up the leg this week so I’m ready for the bind off for next week’s class.

February 27: Finished my homework (the leg) and all ready for the cast off during Tuesday’s class.

March 2: Sock #1 finished in class (it’s just a tad bit tight) and Sock #2 started. For some reason I had a little bit more trouble with the cast on for the second sock (I had to start over about 4 times) than I did with the first, but I think I got it once again. I think I’ll do some extra practicing over the next few days, though, so that way I can make sure I remember how to do it.

March 15: Finished the foot and heel of Sock #2.

March 18: And finished Sock #2. The yarn feels a bit stiff and the socks are a bit tight, so I’ve tossed them in the washing machine and will block them, hoping to soften them up.






Pattern: Basic Toe-Up pattern passed out during knitting class
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Aran

No comments: