Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gathered Scarf

February 6: Started for my MIL’s birthday or Mother's Day. I’m not sure yet whether or not I like the way it’s pooling.

February 22: I worked on this scarf a little bit more this evening. The blocks of pooling have broken up so it’s looking a bit better. I’m going to keep going with it because I think my MIL will love it no matter how it turns out.

March 19: Finished first skein of yarn and got well into the second skein.

March 31: And now finished! I’m not sure if/how to block this scarf with the whole gathered effect, but it does seem to want to curl inward so I might try to do some sort of blocking to see if I can get the curl to settle down just a bit. Otherwise, I’m looking forward to giving this to my MIL for Mother's Day.

Pattern: Gathered Scarf by Maryse Roudier
Yarn: Yarn Love Elizabeth Bennett in Maiden

No comments: